21 5 / 2013
“I don’t like hot meat hitting my face.” In reference to catching food in your mouth at a hibachi grill.
05 5 / 2013
OUCH. Well, by run I mean walk 97%. But still, that shit was hard. I basically let the zombie take my flags, so I wouldn’t continue to be chased.
25 4 / 2013
I finally read my pre-ordered version of Jason Mulgrew’s 236 Pounds of Class Vice President: A Memoir of Teenage Insecurity, Obesity, and Virginity. Jason is a Tumblr favorite and most certainly didn’t disappoint. Per usual, the book was hysterical and brought you right back to your awkward years. I felt like I entered a time warp and was reliving middle/high school. Jason’s a hysterical writer and kept me laughing non-stop. Basically, buy the book if you haven’t already. Besides, it’s currently $2.99 for Amazon Kindle.
You should also consider buying Jason Mulgrew’s first book, Everything is Wrong with Me: A Memoir of an American Childhood Gone, Well, Wrong because he’s pretty awesome.
24 4 / 2013
20 4 / 2013
You’ll forever be remembered as a hero.
Tonight, as many celebrate, let us lift up one of our own, one that many of us adore in our tumblr community, as their family has a long road ahead.
Sending all my prayers and love.
Couldn’t have said it better.
From one police family to another, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for your bravery. You ARE a true hero.
17 4 / 2013
Yesterday work didn’t have internet for 2 hours. Today our email is down. This also connects to the office calendar. Basically, I haven’t work since yesterday right after lunch.
Can I go home now?
04 4 / 2013
Now that classes are over for 2 months, I can get back to thinking about things besides work and higher education.
- We paid off our honeymoon, photographer, videographer, and dj. Writing those checks was painful. #poor
- We booked our flights. St. Lucia here we come!
- Saturday I’m picking out bridesmaid dresses. I keep putting it off and I just need to make a damn decision.
- I have an appointment for my passport next week. I feel like such a slacker that I’m 28 and just getting it.
- I don’t know what color to paint my nails. I had hot pink and Essie Sew Psyched already this week.
- I’m so excited to have my first weekend without homework!
- And my soon-to-be in-laws are coming over for dinner. BOOOOO!!! We’re finalizing their side of the guest list. That means I will need wine. Or a Xanax. Or both.
- I need some book suggestions. What’s been good lately?
- I have a shopping problem and need to stop. Must remember weddings are fucking expensive. I do not need a new dress/shoes/pants/jewerly.
04 4 / 2013
Classes are done, but work is kicking my ass. In an effort to make my Friday more enjoyable, I considered doing some work tonight. Then I remembered I only have my little laptop, not my giant double screens at work.
Tumblr, it is! Oh, and painting my nails.
26 3 / 2013
- In popular Tumblr items for today, I smiled every time I saw someone on Facebook change their profile picture, post something, or had a status in support of marriage equality. It’s a little thing, but it’s nice to see people willing to show it.
- I spend the majority of the afternoon reminiscing about Real World, thanks to the Vulture article. My god, if that didn’t bring me down memory lane. I remember watching re-runs of the early episodes at my cousin’s house since she got MTV and always watched things that were “too old” for us. I vividly remember the summer Hawaii aired. I’d watch it on the little TV in my parent’s kitchen after getting off the phone with my first boyfriend. It was just before my freshman year of high school. Back to New York made me want to be a 20-something in the City. I mean, I lived about 2 hours away, so it made total sense. NYU, here I come! Chicago will forever remain on of my favorites, purely for sentimental reasons. I wanted to be Cara. She reminded me of a young Carri Bradshaw and seemed so cool to my 16/17-year-old self. I would watch these episodes each night with my high school boyfriend when he’d come over after work. The Osbourne’s would come on after. I remember feeling so mature since I was a junior in high school and dating a boy in college. And older man. It’s cute to think of how naive I was then. How my physics homework was a huge stress or how awesome it was that I just got my license. Las Vegas even tugged at my sweet little heart strings. See, Frank was on there. Frank was also the name of my high school boyfriend (the college boy) that moved to Florida that year. We tried staying together for 6 months before the distance got to be too much. Having a Frank on the show reminded me of the distance I had. I may have also listened Michelle Branch’s Thousand Miles song non-stop. And Paris, ahh Paris. This was my senior year. I was a French student. Leah was from Long Island (I saw her at the local airport in the months following the airing). I had a new boyfriend that hated Real World but would watch it, along with the SERIES FINALE of Dawson’s Creek *tears*, to make me happy. I graduated, went off to college, we broke up, I experienced the worst heartache, and transferred home. I also met Ace and Mallory when they came to my college that semester.
- I could continue on because I can pretty much place some nostalgic connection with each season. But I’ll spare you…